Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Why Can't I Mail Things???

I often wonder why I have such an irrational fear of the post office, stamps, and all things sent in a package.  I love to receive packages, letters, and anything with a stamp on it.  It always brightens my day and makes me feel really special.  I know I am not the only one:-)  I think my love of receiving packages stems way back to when the Big Claus used to bring me things on Christmas.

Now I am a champ at wrapping and handing a gift to someone or handwriting a card and delivering myself (although, I never do), but when it comes to using the postal service I am stumped.  I have two cards pinned to my cork board and they have been there for almost two weeks! I mean really, I can't even put a stamp on it???  Apparently not!

So, I finally asked my hubby for some help with this "mailing" thing and he said he would mail all my letters if I put them on the cork board and I did.  However, I forgot to tell him that one of them was missing the full address.... oops!  I am sure the letter will end up back here at some point and I can resend it, but my thank you letter to my grandparents will be rudely late (it already is ridiculously late).

Oh well, right???  Better luck next time.  You may be thinking, "Why don't you just call and say thank you to them?"  Well... that would get into my weird fear of calling people on the phone... which is a whole different issue we can talk about on another day:-)

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment