Saturday, August 4, 2012

Reason Why???

Why did we start this blog a few years ago... The main reason can be found to the right of the screen you are looking at right now.  Some of the other reasons are below (along with some pics of us in the old days).

We missed each other.
We needed to hear the gospel from each other.
We wanted to share our lives.
We wanted to be together even though NONE of us live NEAR each other.  

Personally, I needed these women.  I needed a place where I could let my thoughts run wild no matter what those thoughts may be.  I needed this blog for the same reason I needed to go to Elaine's room next door for tea and hob-nobs... the same reason I reread those cards Heather wrote me that have a billion words on them.... for the same reason I only talk to Sara every once and a while, but every time I feel so understood... for the same reason that Kristen just listens to me as I go on and on and on about life... I miss these women.  

I miss all the friends I have said good bye to over the years.  I just said goodbye again about a month ago when we moved to St. Louis and every time I say goodbye I think it will be easier, but it is still just as hard (every stinking time).  

I get that I will see all of my goodbyes in heaven, but sometimes that doesn't feel good enough... and on those days I get a little blue (then I stalk pictures of them on Facebook)!

I miss you guys.... 



Now for some pics of days gone by... Let's go ahead and play that Sarah McLachlan song about saving dogs...


When I was picking a picture of me and Kristen I found like 10 of the same pic in a row and I know it's because I was trying to take one that made me look really skinny:-) two kids later I think I look like a goddess in this picture.


Me and Sara on our last day hanging out in Chicago!  We are so matchy match and coordinated in this picture!




Dang Heather you are rocking the heck out of that dress for JSB!!  And yes I am rocking a Eagles sweatshirt working overtime at SMD!


Dear Elaine,  You get two pictures... One where u look SMOKIN HOT!!!!


And one where you can't really see us very well, but from this angle I look super fit and skinny and like a bad awesome business lady!

Love, 
Kristen

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sweetie. Thank you so much for updating this blog and writing out some of your most heartfelt thoughts for the rest of us. We all miss you so much and we are so proud of you for everything that you have done, become, and accomplished since you finished Moody. Keep running hard after Him and never ever forget how much we all dearly love you. We'll always be here for you too! - The Other Kristen

    ReplyDelete