Friday, August 3, 2012

Sister. Teacher. Daughter of the King.


My sister got a teaching job this week!  It is so exciting because she has been working towards this goal for some time now and her dream was finally realized.  She spent the last semester of school working so hard trying to finish her credential and she did (she kicked that credential's butt).

The problem was once she finished (and finished well), she started the waiting... waiting... waiting for a job to open in a market where jobs are hard to come by.  I know she wondered if she would get an interview.  I know she wondered if she would get a job offer.  I also know her well enough to know that she wondered if she was good enough for an interview or a job offer.  Most people would say this kind of fear is normal (and it is), but it was torture as her baby sister knowing she feared she was not good enough.

I have spent my whole life looking at my sister and seeing every AMAZING thing about her and it is heartbreaking to realize that she doesn't see her own AMAZINGNESS.

She doesn't see her beauty
She doesn't see her kindness
She doesn't see her determination
She doesn't see her patience
And a million other things...



Through this "job hunt" process I saw my sister put her faith in Christ to provide for her in beautiful humble way willingly trusting him no mater the outcome.  Watching her humility and trust in Christ made it that much more fun for me to see her surprise when she was offered a position!

Here is the BEST part of the story that I am sure she has left out to the world...

SHE WAS THE #1 CHOICE!!!

They ranked all the candidates who applied for positions and she was ranked #1!!!

Not only that, but the schools were FIGHTING over who would get to keep her!!!

I am so so proud of her and this amazing accomplishment.  I am so proud of her faith through the process.  I know she still wonders at times if she is good enough (as we all do) and I wrote this so she can remember that she is.

However, she is not good enough because I think so, but because the King of this universe chose her to be His daughter before the foundation of the world.  He called her out of darkness and into His marvelous light.  He stepped down to earth and died for her sins.

May we always be able to tell our sisters this truth.  May we always remind them that it is Christ who makes them GREAT in failure or accomplishment.

I love you Ang.  I am so proud of you!!

Love,

Krissy
I cannot believe she still loves me after this ordeal.

Good Times In NYC
Dad gave us his tickets to see Zac Brown Band... SO FUN

2 comments:

  1. So beautifully put Kristen! Your sister truly doesn't understand what a gift she is to all of us! So proud of her and I believe with all my heart that God specifically chose this perfect position for her so she can show everybody just how strong and amazing she is! Thank you for sharing this with the world, that way everyone can know about her incredible accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen. She is amazing right! I hope your school year started well this week. Praying for Beck and Brady this week!

      Delete