Monday, September 24, 2012

5 Posts at a Time

Sometimes I feel like I set myself up for failure.  For example, I have a Mom's Morning Out on Mondays when I have 2.5 hours to do whatever I want without my kids.  I told myself I will use this time to write my 5 blog posts for the week.  I realize now that is tooooooo much pressure.  I need to remember that taking things one minute at a time is the safest way for a mother of two to live.  If I took all the pressure off that I (alone) put on myself I would breath a lot deeper during the days.

If I took the time to remember the Gospel and the reality of Christ's death for me on the cross the pressure to be perfect that I put on would fall off.  If I could remember that God sees only Christ covering me when he looks at my little life I would live it without trying to be "awesome" (or trying to the that girl that has got it together).  My prayer today is to remember the gospel and God's love when I put the pressure on.

On a side note... when a mother of two is given 2.5 hours to herself she should totally go to Starbucks and Target...  Duhhhhhh!

Me

1 comment:

  1. As usual, your posts come right when I need them. I've been doing this to myself too lately, putting on the pressure to try to be perfect in everything I do. Thanks for the reminder. Love you girls!

    ReplyDelete